Get updates on new Chinese topics

你觉得成语有什么意思?

Discussion Questions

  1. 1.'那是狗埋的地方' – 你觉得这个成语是什么意思?什么时候会用到?
    'Da liegt der Hund begraben' – What does this idiom mean to you, and when would you use it?
  2. 2.你知道自己语言里的哪个成语几乎无法翻译,但对你国家的文化很有启发吗?
    Do you know an idiom from your language that can hardly be translated but reveals a lot about your country of origin?
  3. 3.'我只听到火车站' – 上一次你感到这样的情境是什么时候?是生活中、工作中还是交谈中?
    'Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof' – When did you last feel this way – in life, at work or in conversation?
  4. 4.你觉得哪个德语成语特别搞笑或者荒谬?为什么?
    Which German idiom do you find particularly funny or absurd – and why?
  5. 5.'把教堂留在村里' – 人们通常什么时候夸大其词?你怎么提醒他们保持冷静?
    'Die Kirche im Dorf lassen' – When do people tend to exaggerate, and how can you remind them to stay calm?
  6. 6.你有没有试过'给某人绑一只熊'?成功了吗?
    Have you ever tried to 'einem einen Bären aufbinden'? Did it succeed?
  7. 7.你日常生活中使用得最多的成语是什么?你意识到过这个吗?
    Which idiom do you use most frequently in everyday life – and are you aware of it?
  8. 8.'绕着热粥转' – 为什么有些人很难直接表达?你有日常的例子吗?
    'Um den heißen Brei herumreden' – Why is it difficult for some people to be direct? Do you have an everyday example?
  9. 9.你以前有没有完全误解过一个成语?你当时以为它是什么意思?
    Is there an idiom that you completely misunderstood in the past? What did you think it meant?
  10. 10.'跳进冷水里' – 你上次这样做是什么时候?是在职业上、私生活中还是语言上?
    'Ins kalte Wasser springen' – When did you last do this – professionally, privately or linguistically?
  11. 11.你认为成语是高语言能力的标志吗?还是它们有时看起来很生硬?
    Do you think idioms are a sign of high language competence – or do they sometimes seem artificial?
  12. 12.成语在数字时代是如何变化的?你知道一些来自网络迷因、社交媒体或流行文化的新表达吗?
    How are idioms changing in the digital age? Do you know new expressions from memes, social media or pop culture?
  13. 13.你认为哪个成语急需更新,或者应该完全消失?
    Which idiom urgently needs an update – or should disappear completely in your opinion?

Vocabulary

成语 (chéngyǔ) - idiom
语言 (yǔyán) - language
表达 (biǎodá) - expression
文化 (wénhuà) - culture
误解 (wùjiě) - misunderstanding
生硬 (shēngyìng) - stiff
网络迷因 (wǎngluò míyīn) - meme
社交媒体 (shèjiāo méitǐ) - social media
流行文化 (liúxíng wénhuà) - pop culture
更新 (gēngxīn) - update

Useful Phrases

我经常使用成语来表达我的情感。

I often use idioms to express my feelings.

成语能反映一个国家的文化特点。

Idioms can reflect the cultural characteristics of a country.

有些成语字面意思和实际意思差别很大。

Some idioms have a big difference between their literal meaning and actual meaning.

直接表达有时会让人感到尴尬。

Being direct can sometimes feel awkward.

我还记得小时候误解过一个成语。

I still remember misunderstanding an idiom when I was a child.

Related Topics

Stay Updated

Get notified about new Chinese learning topics and features.