Get updates on new Chinese topics

你如何应对背叛故乡的感觉?

Discussion Questions

  1. 1.你如何应对背叛故乡的感觉?
    How do you deal with the feeling of having 'betrayed' your homeland?
  2. 2.当人们问你'你什么时候会回去?'时你会怎么回答?
    What do you answer to 'When are you coming back?'
  3. 3.你与那些留在故乡的老朋友的关系发生了什么变化?
    How has your relationship with old friends who stayed changed?
  4. 4.你在回访时常常听到哪些指责?
    What accusations do you have to listen to when you visit?
  5. 5.你在多大程度上对移民和衰退负有责任?
    To what extent do you contribute to emigration and decay?
  6. 6.面对那些不能离开人的苦涩,你会如何反应?
    How do you react to the bitterness of those who couldn't leave?
  7. 7.看到家乡的衰退时你会有什么感受?
    What do you feel when you see how your hometown deteriorates?
  8. 8.你对塑造你的地方承担了哪些责任?
    What responsibility do you have toward the place that shaped you?
  9. 9.你如何向大城市的人解释你的来历?
    How do you explain your origins to people in the big city?
  10. 10.你什么时候会觉得自己像个叛徒,什么时候又会感到自己像个幸存者?
    When do you feel like a traitor and when like a survivor?
  11. 11.你如何应对对故乡的浪漫化看法?
    How do you deal with the romanticization of your homeland?
  12. 12.什么会让你回去,而什么又绝对不会?
    What would bring you back and what never would?

Vocabulary

移民 (yímín) - emigration/brain drain
衰退 (shuāituì) - decay
苦涩 (kǔsè) - bitterness
背叛 (bèipàn) - betrayal
责任 (zérèn) - responsibility
塑造 (sùzhào) - to shape/influence
出身 (chūshēn) - origin
幸存者 (xìngcún zhě) - survivor
浪漫化 (làngmàn huà) - romanticize
内疚 (nèijiù) - guilt
繁荣 (fánróng) - to flourish
疏离 (shūlí) - alienation

Useful Phrases

我经常因为离开家乡去追求更好的机会而感到内疚。

I often feel guilty for leaving my home for better opportunities.

当被问到何时回来的时候,我通常会微笑着说我不确定。

When I'm asked when I'll come back, I usually respond with a smile and say I don't know for sure.

距离使我与老朋友之间的联系减少,这对我来说经常很困难。

The distance has led to less contact with my old friends, which is often difficult for me.

当我回访时,我经常听到'你把我们抛下了'这类指责。

When I visit, I often hear accusations like 'You left us in the lurch.'

我担心自己出国的决定是否造成了故乡的衰退。

I worry whether my decision to emigrate contributes to the decline of my home.

看到城市自我离开后发生的变化很痛苦。

It is painful to see how the city has changed since I left.

有时我回去时会觉得自己在自己家里像个陌生人。

Sometimes I feel like a stranger in my own home when I return.

与留在那里的朋友的谈话往往充满了怀旧和遗憾。

Conversations with friends who stayed are often marked by nostalgia and regret.

我努力通过与家人保持定期联系来维护我的根基。

I try to maintain my roots by staying in regular contact with my family.

无论我身在何处,缺乏根基的感觉始终伴随着我。

The feeling of rootlessness accompanies me, no matter where I am.

Related Topics

Stay Updated

Get notified about new Chinese learning topics and features.